Friday, 2 December 2011

The Royal Palms Resport & Spa, Fort Lauderdale

I stayed at The Royal Palms Resort in May as part of the International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association Convention. I had heard a lot about it for quite a long time having met the owner several years before at a series of industry events in Europe. It was the first full gay resort I had visited and I must say I was impressed, the photos did make it look glamorous, but I wasn't quite expecting it to be a reality.

The service was just great, the staff knew everyone's names (including those not in our group), the food was different (being British) but definitely a great selection of hearty breakfasts and the rooms were perfect; huge and had everything you needed.

It is right near the beach, but is a good taxi ride to shopping centres and the gay district (Wilton Manors) is quite far away - but I find that in the USA anyway outside of major cities. Just one thing, I wish they had some way of contacting other rooms (as they have no in-room phone system) without having to physically knock on friends rooms - but otherwise it was great.


Check out the Video and the website: http://www.royalpalms.com/