Monday, 20 June 2011

Time - Londoners go so fast for today

Dropped into Soho to check out how things are going; met a mate knocked back a few glasses of wine, consumed a plethora of tapas plates of a restaurant I hadn't met before then continued to water our stomachs with some mightily strong cocktails. All in the middle of London's gayborhood.

Six weeks had passed since last stepping in the area and few things had changed. There were new restaurants and people proving that London churns new ideas and oppportinites before spitting them out into the compost. People too no different, guaranteed among many to be healthy, gym fit muscled boys looking a perfection yet those that seemed to draw attention seemed relaxed happy normal, not pushed to supreme. It made me think of the turnover of these new bars and clubs restaurants. Do we last a lifetime or a moment. What's worth giving your attention?


My parents taught me life is a marathon not a race. I'm in this for the long haul not the moment. My body won't be amazing today but for the rest of my life - the only person I have to impress is myself.

Why do I think this? There's such turnaround and expectation people wait for an answer or solution to come to them - it's not that simple - you need to constantly work for it.

The music industry for one is a churner. Every year new artists and entertainers launch with a new record and track and the next year they've disappeared into obscurity. Think of the bands you were a fan of a teenager - are they still around? It's no different to bars and clubs in Soho and the attitude the patrons have - something better's round the corner and when it arrives - we're off...!

We've become obsessed with fame, celebrity, the ideal and something better: something new - we test it we don't like and it's over. I have found that central Londoner's flirt with life but rarely embrace it, it appears that no-one invests in today for the future - pity!